In this post I talked about how dressing well boosts your confidence level, and quite a number of people seemed to agree with me. Whether you believe it or not, the way you dress is a huge reflection of who you are. The way you look and appear, plays a major role in the impression people have of you. I mean even Tom Ford says that “Dressing well is a form of good manners” so yeah, the way you dress is kind of a big deal. It’s only right that you do it right. For today’s #mondayinspiration post , we’ll be looking at 5 reasons why it’s important to dress well.
I hope you had an amazing weekend? I spent mine putting together my valentine’s day wishlist (you’ve seen it right?) I think I caught just a little bit of the ‘v-day’ fever too.
Why is dressing well a big deal anyway?
1) FIRST IMPRESSIONS MATTER A LOT: You don’t want to show up in a place for the first time and be remembered as the person who wasn’t properly dressed. That interview, new job, event, meet-up, etc requires that you look your best and literally show what you’ve got. Apart from your intellect and other skills, a well put together outfit will create a lasting impression wherever you find yourself.
2) IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF: Dressing well gives you that feeling that you’re at least doing something right, and this will in turn affect how you go about your daily activities, and how productive you can be. Like I said here your confidence level goes up a notch when you remember that you are on fleek! It’s an added bonus when you keep getting compliments, that will definitely make you feel good.
3) IT HELPS YOU TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE: When you’re dressed in good and comfortable clothes, you won’t get distracted by things like your underwear sticking out of your actual clothes, or adjusting your skirt because it keeps going up, to mention but few (I mean we’ve all been there!), rather you’re able to get some work done, and eventually, you’re productive. At the end of the day, it’s not only about dressing well, but dressing well and comfortable too.
4) IT MAKES YOU CONSCIOUS OF SELF-IMPROVEMENT: When you pay attention to what you wear and not in a vain kind of way, that attention is most likely to transfer to other parts of your life, because not only do you want to be recognised as the one who is good with outfits, but the one that actually has something to offer. So, it makes you conscious of the fact that you need to improve on certain things in your life. Funny how much power clothes have, am I right?
5) IT CHANGES THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU: In a good way actually, except you now make it come off as pride. When you dress well, you feel confident and you act that way too. This will make people see you as competent and someone who knows what he/she is doing, and then you realise that they want to relate with you, which could be an added advantage for you.
See why you need to put more thought into how you dress now? Yeah it’s never that serious, but it could be, especially when you find yourself in a very promising environment. While I’m not telling you to break the bank all in the name of dressing well, just a little more attention could change everything. Besides, these days we all are clamouring for ‘fashion on a budget’, so with just a little amount of money, you’d have invested in dressing well.
Do you think your dressing says anything about your personality or is it just an exaggeration? I would love to know your thoughts.
Go out there and leave a mark with your outfit this week!