Confidence is referred to as a feeling of self-assurance, a state of certainty, you know, the expression that shows that you know who you are, and what you’re doing. Having established that fact, as assertive as it is, a lot of people struggle with self confidence. It’s not necessarily their fault, they may just have reminders all around them that won’t just allow them to be great. In today’s #mondayinspiration post, I’ll be sharing 6 tips on how to boost your self confidence!
I hope you had a splendid weekend? Mine wasn’t too bad, I had a restful one.
So how can we boost our self confidence?
1) Positive Affirmations and Declarations: At the risk of sounding like a broken doorbell, you already know by now that I’m team #positivevibesonly. Thinking positive thoughts and making those positive statements will do a lot more good to your level of self confidence. Those affirmations that will constantly remind you that “you’re the best there is”, “you’re you, and that is your power” , “You can and you will do it” will ignite that spark in you that makes you feel like you can take on anything – that’s confidence right there.
2) Dress Well and Dress Smart: You might be wondering what dressing has got to do with this, err, let’s be reminded that “The way you dress is the way you will be addressed”. I once wrote a post somewhere about how certain outfits make me feel like a boss! I walk and I just feel taller than everybody else, even though I’m not even close, but you see that’s how these dresses make me feel. Personally I invest in outfits that I know exudes confidence, you should too and while you’re at it, watch how that confidence level rises.
3) Be Audible and Assertive: Speaking audibly and assertively is another sure way of boosting your confidence. People tend to react to the way in which we speak, if you’re one who speaks rather low and cannot even maintain eye contact, then you might not come off as confident. People would rather relate with those they can actually hear, and are bold because, they just feel like they have tendencies of a leader and can handle things. So the next time you’re at that meeting or networking event, make sure you speak audibly and assertively.
4) Work On Your Body Language: The way you walk, talk, sit, etc. will give people an insight as to how your confidence level is. Someone who is not confident might walk in a rather slouchy manner, such a person might begin to babble when spoken to and might not even be able to hold a simple conversation! Your body language says all lot about your confidence, work on it!
5) Take Care Of Yourself: You feel more confident when feel good and look good! If you think you need to work out to feel good, do so. You want that glowing skin, you start that skincare regimen. When you feel good, your confidence level rises.
6) Strive To Make Yourself Better: In whatever you do, make sure you’re doing everything in your power not to remain in the same position. Learn something new, take some personal development courses, be in control of your craft, and you’ll find yourself getting more confident as the time passes.
I hope this made some sense?
How do you enhance your self confidence? Let’s talk in the comment section.