A lot of times, you look around you, and it just feels like a smile is so farfetched, like what has life offered that warrants that beautiful smile of yours? The thing however is that, there’s always a reason to keep smiling, we just have to find it, especially in those moments where we can’t even seem to get ourselves to put up a smile. In today’s #mondayinspiration post, I’ll be sharing 5 reasons why you should never stop smiling!
Stay with me…
How was your weekend? I definitely smiled a lot this weekend; from the rain that fell all through Saturday, that allowed me a much needed rest, to my mini outing with my sister on Sunday, It was amazing.
“Smile: a curve that sets everything straight”.
You might be thinking to yourself, “smiling is overrated”, well, no it’s not and I’ll tell you why.
1) SMILING HELPS YOU STAY POSITVE: No matter how hard you try (except you’re just mean), it’s quite difficult to smile and keep thinking of negative things, I mean it just doesn’t flow. So, when you’re able to master and perfect the art of throwing in a smile every now and then, it helps you stay positive and keep the negativity at bay.
2) SMILING BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM: Studies have shown that when you smile, your body system registers that you’re more relaxed and this in turn helps your immune system to function very well. I mean, if not for anything we all want to stay healthy right? Try smiling now.
3) SMILING MAKES YOU APPROACHABLE: Coming from someone who didn’t use to smile as much, I can confidently say that this is true. In the past, I had a bad habit of keeping an extremely straight face when I walk, obviously I’m not supposed to be walking and smiling like a creep, but I could keep my face more relaxed right? That wasn’t the case. I had people ask me several times if I was okay, while others will look at me and quickly take their faces away. I didn’t want to be that girl. So I intentionally started working on keeping a more relaxed and approachable demeanor when I walk, or when I’m around people, I even started throwing in a smile here and there and starting conversations. So believe me when I say, smiling will make you approachable and make you come across as trustworthy, as someone who can be easily talked to, and who knows it may even land you that deal you didn’t even expect!
4) SMILING MAKES YOU MORE ATTRACTIVE: I’m sure you’ll agree with me here. Nobody wants to approach someone who comes off as stuck up, let alone be attracted to such person. Trust me, a smile is that extra bit of glow you need to get all the dudes or ladies!
5) A SMILE IS A UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE: The moment smiles are exchanged, it doesn’t matter where you are, or whether you understand the recipient of your smile, it signifies that you come in peace (well, again except you’re just mean). It makes people around you feel relaxed and eager to communicate with you, language barrier or not. All you need to do is to tilt the corners of your mouth, and there you go!
A smile can go a really long way, especially to someone having a terrible day, so don’t hold back that gorgeous smile of yours and be the reason someone smiles today.
Have you made conscious efforts to smile today? On a scale of 1-10, how gorgeous is your smile? Let’s have some fun in the comments!
Have a productive week ahead!